- Are you a parent wanting to deepen your knowledge of how to use Google apps to aid you in homeschooling?
- Would you like to know how to help your student to create attractive Slides and Docs?
- This new hands-on course will give you the basics on how to use these tools to add new functionality and efficiency to your homeschool. You’ll hear about a concept, and then try it!
“In my class with Christine Echeverri we embarked upon a tour of Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Classroom, Google Slides, and even Zoom. I had been navigating these platforms with scant knowledge, and her tips, tricks, and shortcuts have made a huge difference; I am on my way to becoming Google literate! Surprisingly, I am finding these platforms so much more usable, useful, and even enjoyable. I highly recommend this class!”Anna Montgomery, homeschool mom
Date/time: Wednesdays at 1 pm
4 weeks: October 18 – November 7
Taught by: Christine Echeverri
Read a recent blog article about why we are excited about this workshop!
- PLANNING: Picking curriculum (also blending 2 to get the best of both worlds) and lesson planning in Google Sheets
- ORGANIZING: How to set-up a Google Classroom
- INTRODUCTION TO THE FORMATS: How to use Google Docs and Google Slides
- MEETING BELLS & WHISTLES AND TECH Q & A: How to configure Zoom, Zoom controls, and any other topics of interest to participants
Required before the first meeting: Google account (or Gmail)
- The workshop will run 60 minutes
- Optional: during-the-week practice exercises
- Registration and cancellation policies: See this page