Scroll down for all events!
Curriculum & Class Infosession with author Christine Echeverri
Tuesday, August 10 @ 4PM
In this Carrier Shell Curriculum online session, Christine Echeverri will give an overview of Earth Party and California Out of the Box curricula, as well as a run-down on all Fall 2021 course offerings. Come with your questions!
Virtual Open House with Online Course Instructors
Monday, August 16 @ 1PM – NEW DATE!
Come to this online session to get to know all online instructors: Christine Echeverri, Lynn Haselton, and Tracy Yeoh. Each teacher will give a brief course overview and what they are excited about for Fall 2021! There will be a time at the end of the session for Q&A.
When the Maps are the Treasure! An Introduction to the David Rumsey Map Collection
Led by: Christine Echeverri and Lynn Haselton
Wednesday, August 4 @1PM
- Do you plan to teach history next year — world history, US history, or state studies?
- Would you like to teach geography, but feel uncertain about how to do it?
- Do you have kids that create treasure maps?
This presentation is for you! In this webinar we will explore an amazing collection of maps that are housed at Stanford University and available online at the David Rumsey Map Collection; they are scanned and uploaded to a user-friendly website that allows viewers to print, search, and overlay maps — from all over the world. We will explore what can be learned from maps, and ways they can be used in homeschooling. Come for ideas and inspiration!
Stop Losing your Stuff! An Introduction to Google Classroom for Homeschool
Led by: Christine Echeverri
Thursday, August 19 @11AM
- Do you have older students, in 4th grade and above?
- Or — a student that prefers typing?
- Have you been a user of Google Classroom, and wonder about how to set up your own classroom?
- Are you looking for tools to keep your kid’s learning on track?
- Are you tired of losing papers and work samples?
Join this webinar with author and instructor Christine Echeverri to learn about the benefits of Google Classroom, and how to set-up your own FREE classroom for your homeschool student(s). We will go over account requirements to use the classroom, assignment types, cool bells and whistles, and where some of the quirky settings can be found. Come to receive an introduction to this powerful and useful tool.
California Field Trips 2: Los Angeles, Pasadena, and Other Awesome Golden State Places
Led by: Christine Echeverri
Thursday, August 26 @10AM
- Are you looking for new places to visit to explore history, architecture, nature studies, or animal life in California?
- Did you attend our California Field Trips 1 webinar last year?
- Are you studying California history next year?
- Will you use California Out of the Box?
Come hear the next installment of cool California places! If your family is using California Out of the Box, this is an excellent tie-in that will open up a year of study. Author Christine Echeverri will hit Los Angeles and the close by city of Pasadena (home of the Tournament of Roses Parade), as well as two other areas and various gems in the Golden State. Don’t miss this FREE webinar!