Do you have a student who likes to write, but do not know how to foster their passion? Sign your learner up for this writing club!
Facilitator: Christine Echeverri
Ages: Grades 5-7
Fall Session: Closed; postponed until spring
Time: Tuesdays at 11 AM (60 minutes)
Tuition: $205 ($25 discount for private pay)
- If privately paying, the price with the discount is $180. Click on payment link above or Venmo @Christine-Echeverri.
- Payment or deposit (charter families), must be completed within 24 hours of registering.
This club is designed for upper elementary and middle school students who already write independently, and are looking for fun and support with their hobby. This group will not be a “how-to write” class, but rather a space for young students to develop their author’s voice and unlock their creative freedom. At the same time, they will gain confidence as an author/creator, becoming knowledgeable about the writing and editing process, learning how to put their creation out there in the real world.
To open up our minds, each week we will have a grammar or vocabulary exercise, share some of where we are at with our stor(ies) and reflect on writing in general. Now and then we will discuss famous authors, and touch on self-publishing. And….we will write! Yes, your kids can self-publish on Amazon Kindle Direct!
Do you accept California Charter School funds?
- Yes, we do!
- See Service Vendorship list for an up-to-date list of charters.
- Purchase Order (PO) instructions below.
- $25 deposit required to hold spot. Deposit will be refunded when PO arrives, subject to our refund policy.
- Thesaurus for elementary/middle school level
- Sketchbook, pen, pencil, colored pencils, scissors, glue
What is the club workload?
- Weekly: 45-60 minutes per week reading, writing, and researching author-oriented issues
- Final project: 1-4 hours, depending on project
What platforms are required?
Zoom and Google Classroom (Google Login Email or Gmail required)
What are your registration and cancellation policies?
See this page for policies.
For more answers to your questions, see our Class FAQ page.
PURCHASE ORDER INSTRUCTIONS
For billing purposes, please order in monthly increments.
- Vendor: Christine Echeverri DBA Carrier Shell Curriculum
- Instructor name: Christine Echeverri
- Class: Group tutoring – Young Author’s Club
- Start date: September 19, 2022
- End date: November 11, 2022
- Duration of lesson: 60 minutes
- Frequency: once per week for 8 weeks
- Cost per month: $68.33 x 3 months (Sept.-Nov.)
- Session cost: $205
- Class link: https://carriershellcurriculum.com/classes/writing-online-classes/young-authors-club-fall-2022/