Fall & Spring Semester (14 weeks per semester)
Method over Madness
Here’s a course that will methodically teach your student how to write with structure and style!
Ages: Grades 4-5
Semester tuition: $365 ($50 discount for private pay)
Class date and time: Wednesdays at 10 AM (75 min)
Instructor: Tracy Yeoh
Payment*: Square store or Venmo email@example.com
- Students who sign up for this class are committing to two semesters, fall and spring.
- If paying privately, the price with the discount is $315. Click on payment link below or Venmo: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families paying with charter school funds must leave a $25 deposit to hold their spot. Deposit refundable subject to our refund policy.
- Payment or deposit (charter families), must be completed within 24 hours of registering.
Questions? Registration issues or questions for Tracy. Read a recent post about Tracy.
If you’re looking for a fun beginning writing class for your elementary student, this is the class for you!
Students will gain confidence as they practice, practice, practice! They will write key word outlines, narratives, expository essays, and research reports and learn new tools like strong verbs and quality adjectives to make their writing more interesting. Fun games will be incorporated to review vocabulary and parts of speech. There will be plenty of opportunities for presentations and sharing their stories. This class is sure to be FUN and Fascinating with encouragement at all levels!
Students will need to be able to complete assigned homework. This will include making outlines and typing one to three paragraphs each week in Google Classroom. This is not a graded class however students will receive feedback and points for the assignments that they turn in.
Some fun topics we’ll write about
Can we use California charter funds for this class?
- See our Service Vendorship list for an up-to-date list of charters.
- Purchase Order (PO) instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
- $25 deposit required to hold spot. Deposit will be refunded when PO arrives, subject to our refund policy.
What are the required books and materials?
- All Things Fun and Fascinating by Lori Verstegen (IEW store link)
What tech platforms are required and used?
- Online platform such as Zoom
- Google Classroom
- Google Login or Gmail for each enrolled student and parent Google account
What are the semester dates?
- Fall Semester: September 5-December 14
- Spring Semester: January 9-April 21
What are your registration and cancellation policies?
See this page for policies.
For more answers to your questions, see our Class FAQ page.
Fall Semester – 2022
For billing purposes, please request purchase orders using monthly interval price below (instead of the whole semester length).
- Vendor: Christine Echeverri DBA Carrier Shell Curriculum
- Instructor name
- Tracy Yeoh
- Class: Group tutoring – Beginning Writing online class
- Start date: September 5, 2022
- Semester end date: December 16, 2022
- Duration of each lesson: 75 minutes
- Frequency: once per week for 4 months (see schedule above)
- Cost per month – Fall semester: $91.25 x 4 mos. (Sept-Dec)
- Semester tuition: $365
- Class link: https://carriershellcurriculum.com/classes/writing-online-classes/beginning-writing/