Fall Club (6 weeks)
“Miss Jennifer teaches a gently structured, multi-layered approach to Math and Language Arts…
…Lessons are taught in a personalized format using math manipulatives and games as well as on screen 1 on 1 math activities….
…It is truly a unique experience and a wonderful way to learn.”– homeschool Parent of current student
Date and time: Wednesdays at 11 AM (50 min)
Fall club tuition: $140 (6 weeks, $20 discount for private pay)
I love teaching math to young learners!
Instructor: Jennifer Hudson
Payment*: Square store or Venmo email@example.com
- If paying privately, the Fall club price with the discount is $120. Click on payment link below or Venmo: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families paying with charter school funds must leave a $25 deposit to hold their spot. Deposit refundable subject to our refund policy.
- Payment or deposit (charter families), must be completed within 24 hours of registering.
Questions? Registration issues or questions for Jennifer.
Math games, and hands on learning activities make the world of math come alive! We will practice solving problems and discover mathematical patterns using visuals, games, stories and discussion. Join in the fun and sharpen your math skills!
The purpose of this class is to give young learners a fun relaxing environment to develop mathematical thinking and build a foundation of number sense. Using a variety of learning activities we will practice skills and develop problem solving strategies. We will build an understanding of part whole relationships, the role of zero, and place value. Through games and visual activities we will compare numbers, learn how to estimate, and will use concrete objects to work on the concepts of relative size, different ways of representing the same quantity as well as practicing strategies that make addition and subtraction easier.
There should be no such thing as boring mathematics.— Edsger W. Dijkstra, Dutch systems scientist
What topics will the club cover?
- Working with and comprehending quantities up to 200- various ways of representing, comparing and computing quantities
- Greater than, less than, and equal to.
- Place value: meaning of each digit in multi digit numbers, uses for zero.
- Strengthen automaticity with doubles
- Area and spatial awareness: relative size
Can we use California charter funds for this club?
- See our Service Vendorship list for an up-to-date list of charters.
- Purchase Order (PO) instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
- $25 deposit required to hold spot. Deposit will be refunded when PO arrives, subject to our refund policy.
What are the required books and materials?
- crayons or colored pencils
- Deck or cards
- 3 dice
- 100’s chart
- link cubes or similar
- chips or coins or other counters
What tech platforms are required and used?
- Online platform such as Zoom
- Google Classroom
- Google Login or Gmail for each enrolled student and parent Google account
What is the semester schedule?
- Fall Semester: October 11-November 18 (6 classes)
What are your registration and cancellation policies?
See this page for policies.
For more answers to your questions, see our Class FAQ page.
Fall Club – 2022
For billing purposes, please request purchase orders using information below :
- Vendor: Christine Echeverri DBA Carrier Shell Curriculum
- Instructor name
- Jennifer Hudson
- Class: Group tutoring – Visual Math for Kids club
- Start date: October 11, 2022
- End date: November 18, 2022
- Duration of each lesson: 50 minutes
- Frequency: once per week for 6 weeks (see schedule above)
- Fall club tuition: $140
- Class link: