Fall Semester (12 weeks)
“Miss Jennifer teaches a gently structured, multi-layered approach to Math and Language Arts. I will describe it in layers:
First: Lessons are taught in a personalized format using math manipulatives and games as well as on screen 1 on 1 math activities.
Second: Free discussion between our Daughter and Miss Jennifer of math concepts covered in the lesson for full comprehension.
Third: A beautiful poem is chosen and read by both Miss Jennifer and our Daughter.
It is truly a unique experience and a wonderful way to learn.”– homeschool Parent of current student
Date and time: Thursdays at 10 am (50 min)
Fall tuition: $310 (12 weeks, $50 discount for private pay)
Spring tuition: $370 (15 weeks, $50 discount for private pay)
I love teaching math to young learners!
Instructor: Jennifer Hudson
Payment*: Square store or Venmo email@example.com
- If paying privately, the Fall price with the discount is $260. Click on payment link below or Venmo: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families paying with charter school funds must leave a $25 deposit to hold their spot. Deposit refundable subject to our refund policy.
- Payment or deposit (charter families), must be completed within 24 hours of registering.
Questions? Registration issues or questions for Jennifer.
This class is all about discovering the wonderful world of numbers and delving into the big ideas of math. We’ll incorporate exploration, practice through games and math talk routines, open-ended math questions and plenty of visuals and hands-on activities into our math lessons. We will read stories and poems to help illustrate mathematical concepts. Using modeling and drawing, math fluency will be developed through flexible thinking about numbers including detecting and using patterns and learning to articulate our thought processes .
What topics will the course cover?
- Counting, ordering and comparing numbers (including skip counting)
- Rounding and estimating
- Addition and Subtraction
- Geometry and patterns
- Space (shapes, area, symmetry)
- Addition and Subtraction practice and games
- Graphing and probability
Can we use California charter funds for this class?
- See our Service Vendorship list for an up-to-date list of charters.
- Purchase Order (PO) instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
- $25 deposit required to hold spot. Deposit will be refunded when PO arrives, subject to our refund policy.
What are the required books and materials?
Family Math by Jean Kerr Stenmark, Virginia Thompson, Ruth Cossey, Marilyn Hill
- Paper (blank, graph and copies of some games from Family Math, printed handouts)
- Pencils, colored pens, and crayons
- Ruler, yardstick
- Counting objects and game markers (such as: pennies, dimes, nickels, quarters, beans, buttons, craft sticks, bottle caps, acorns, seeds, shells, pebbles)
- Tooth picks
- 3X5 cards
- Multilink cubes
What tech platforms are required and used?
- Online platform such as Zoom
- Google Classroom
- Google Login or Gmail for each enrolled student and parent Google account
What is the semester schedule?
- Fall Semester: September 5-December 1 (12 classes, off Thanksgiving Week Nov. 20-24)
- Spring Semester: January 10-May 5 (15 classes, off 2 weeks for Spring Break April 10-21)
What are your registration and cancellation policies?
See this page for policies.
For more answers to your questions, see our Class FAQ page.
Fall Semester – 2022
For billing purposes, please request purchase orders using monthly interval price below (instead of the whole semester length).
- Vendor: Christine Echeverri DBA Carrier Shell Curriculum
- Instructor name
- Jennifer Hudson
- Class: Group tutoring – Magical Math: Exploration and Inspiration for Early Elementary
- Start date: September 5, 2022
- Semester end date: December 1, 2022
- Duration of each lesson: 50 minutes
- Frequency: once per week for 3 months (see schedule above)
- Cost per month – Fall semester: $103.33 x 3 mos. (Sept-Nov)
- Semester tuition: $310
- Class link: https://carriershellcurriculum.com/classes/science-online-classes/magical-math-exploration-and-inspiration-for-early-elementary/