- Do your kids love animals?
- Are you looking for summer enrichment and activities?
- Have you homeschooled this year, or are you considering homeschooling next year? (This class is a fabulous introduction to homeschooling!)
- Do you have curious, self-starter kids that enjoy digging into their studies?
Ages: Grades 4-6 (2021-22 grade level)
Dates: June 8-24 (Tues/Thurs) – 3 weeks [6 classes]
June 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24
Time: 2 PM (75 minutes)
Cost: $175 ($25 discount for private pay)
If privately paying, the class price with the discount is $150. Click on payment link above or Venmo @Christine-Echeverri.
- See Service Vendorship list for an up-to-date list of Charters.
- Purchase Order (PO) instructions below.
- $25 deposit required to hold spot. Deposit will be refunded when PO arrives, subject to our refund policy.
Activities material list: emailed 1-week prior to start of class
Recommended Resources & Supplies:
- Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia (Amazon or available at libraries)
- Earth Party! Student/Teacher Book (families desiring written component)
If you plan to camp, beachcomb, hike, or visit an aquarium or zoo this summer, you won’t want to miss this fun class! Christine Echeverri, author and publisher of Earth Party! unit study curriculum, will teach a 6-session class laying the groundwork for the Linnaean system of classifying living things — single-celled life through the animal kingdom. In the course of the class, students will be introduced to bacteria, fungi, plants, animals (vertebrates and invertebrates), and protists (algae, paramecium, etc).
Each session will have 55 minutes of content involving hearing stories (from Earth Party curriculum), watching videos, discussions, and looking at life forms; the last 15-20 minutes will involve games and hands-on activities. This class will have weekly independent web research and a fun, final project component. The final project will be one of the Earth Party! Cross-Chapter Exploration projects, allowing students make one of ten multi-sensory project choices – or – a DIY project of student’s own choosing.
- Weekly: 1-2 hours per week reading the Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia (several pages a week) and/or researching life forms either online or through written materials to share in class (gathering photos, reporting on what is discovered, etc).
- Final Project: 1-3 hours, depending on project chosen (projects can be more design-oriented, activity or field trip-oriented, or DIY).
- Written work: minimal; optional academic tie-in with Earth Party Student Book curriculum if desired.
Platforms: Live online course, using Zoom and Google Classroom (Google Login Email or Gmail required)
- For families that will miss a session, slides will be shared to catch students up on any missed meetings.
- See our cancellation and refund policy.
PURCHASE ORDER INSTRUCTIONS
- Vendor: Christine Echeverri DBA Carrier Shell Curriculum
- Instructor name: Christine Echeverri
- Class: Group tutoring – Earth Party Science Online Summer Class
- Start date: June 8, 2021
- End date: June 24, 2021
- Duration of lesson: 75 minutes
- Frequency: twice per week for 3 weeks (6 classes)
- Cost per session: $175/session
- Class link: https://carriershellcurriculum.com/earth-party-science-online-summer-class/