- Do your kids love animals?
- Are you looking for a biology or life science class?
- Are you looking for classes with hands-on activities?
- Do you have curious, self-starter kids that enjoy digging into their studies?
Thursday 10 AM (2 spots)
Instructor: Christine Echeverri
Ages: Grades 4-6
Fall Semester: September 9 – December 9 (12 classes)
Holiday weeks: October 14, November 25
Time: Thursdays at 10AM (75 minutes)
Tuition: $290 ($50 discount for private pay)
If privately paying, the price with the discount is $240. Click on payment link above or Venmo @Christine-Echeverri.
- See Service Vendorship list for an up-to-date list of Charters.
- Purchase Order (PO) instructions below.
- $25 deposit required to hold spot. Deposit will be refunded when PO arrives, subject to our refund policy.
- Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia (Amazon or available at libraries)
- Earth Party! Student and Teacher’s Book
- Microscope (link to an inexpensive one on Amazon)
An activities material list will be sent 1-week prior to each class
If you like to camp, beachcomb, hike, or visit an aquarium or zoo you won’t want to miss this fun class! Christine Echeverri, author and publisher of Earth Party! unit study curriculum, will teach a semester-long class exploring the Linnaean system of classifying living things — single-celled life through the animal kingdom. In the course of the class, students will be introduced to bacteria, fungi, plants, animals (vertebrates and invertebrates), and protists (algae, paramecium, etc).
Each session will have 55 minutes of content involving hearing stories (from Earth Party curriculum), watching videos, discussions, and looking at life forms; the last 15-20 minutes will involve games and hands-on activities. This class will have weekly independent web research and a fun, final project component. The final project will be one of the Earth Party! Cross-Chapter Exploration projects, allowing students make one of ten multi-sensory project choices – or – a DIY project of student’s own choosing.
- Weekly: 20-50 minutes per week reading the Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia (several pages a week) and/or exploring and researching life forms (gathering photos, reporting on what is discovered, etc).
- Final Project: 1-4 hours, depending on project chosen (projects can be more design-oriented, activity or field trip-oriented, or DIY).
Platforms: Live online course, using Zoom and Google Classroom (Google Login Email or Gmail required)
- Classes are not recorded, but we will happily give updates about what we cover if students miss a class.
- See our cancellation and refund policy.
PURCHASE ORDER INSTRUCTIONS
For billing purposes, please order in monthly increments.
- Vendor: Christine Echeverri DBA Carrier Shell Curriculum
- Instructor name: Christine Echeverri
- Class: Group tutoring – Earth Party Science Online Class
- Start date: Sept 9, 2021
- End date: Dec. 9 2021
- Duration of lesson: 75 minutes
- Frequency: once per week for 12 weeks
- Cost per month: $72.50 x 4 months (Sept-Dec)
- Semester tuition: $290
- Class link: https://carriershellcurriculum.com/classes/online-classes/earth-party-online-class-fall-2021/