Fall Semester (14 weeks, begins Thursday, September 7)
Ages: Grades 5-6
Class date and time: Thursdays 10 AM (60-75 minutes*)
Semester tuition: $390 ($50 discount for private pay)
For this class (only), only a deposit is due at registration, regardless of course payment method; private pay tuition deadline TBD. For private pay students, this deposit is non-refundable. For charter families, the deposit is refundable subject to our refund policy.
- Fall runs 14 weeks, spring runs 15 weeks; both semesters are the same tuition.
- Students who sign up for this class are committing to two semesters, fall and spring.
- If paying privately, the class price with the discount is $340.
Questions? Contact Christine for registration issues or questions.
We will explore significant events in early American history in the years between 1492 and 1865. For this literature-based class, historical fiction titles will inspire empathy for peoples from a variety situations in key time periods. In the fall semester students will learn about Native People’s, colonization and westward expansion. In the spring semester we will move on to slavery and the Civil War. Additionally, there will be a mix of projects, independent research, and writing assignments.
Over the course of the year, what topics will be covered?
- Native Americans
- The American Revolution
- The Constitution
- Westward Expansion
- The Civil War
Do you take California charter funds?
- Yes, we do! See our Service Vendorship list for an up-to-date list of charters.
- Purchase Order (PO) instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
- For families wishing to use funds, a $25 deposit is required to a hold space in a class. The deposit will be refunded when PO arrives, subject to our refund policy.
- Don’t see your charter on our list? Fill out this form so we can reach out to your organization!
What are the required books and materials?
Textbook: Book list TBD
School Supplies: List TBD
What is the semester schedule?
- Fall: September 7 – December 14 [14 weeks of class with 1 week off for Thanksgiving Break]
- Spring: January 9 – April 25 [15 weeks of class with 1 week off for Spring Break, dates TBD]
*Why does this class have a time range?
This course may extend to 75 minutes, if the group is large. For a smaller group, 60 minutes may be adequate.
What is the weekly workload?
The work for this class should take 2-3 hours per week, with a good portion of time going to reading the literature books.
What type of parent support is needed?
- Help student login to online classroom platform
- Assist student in looking at posted work and developing a weekly schedule for reading and completing any assignments
- Help student upload any work to online classroom
What are your registration and cancellation policies?
See this page for policies.
For more answers to your questions, see our Class FAQ page.
CHARTER SCHOOL PURCHASE ORDER INSTRUCTIONS for Early American History
For billing purposes, please request purchase orders using monthly interval price below (instead of the whole semester length).
- Vendor: Christine Echeverri DBA Carrier Shell Curriculum
- Instructor name: TBD
- Class: Group tutoring – Early American History Online Class
- Start date: September 7, 2023
- Semester end date: December 14, 2023
- Duration of each lesson: 60-75 minutes* [see time note above]
- Frequency: once per week for 4 months (see schedule above)
- Cost per month – Fall semester: $97.50 x 4 mos. (Sept-Dec)
- Semester tuition: $390
- Class link: