Combining Basic Figure Drawing With Creative Expression
Instructor: Camille Echeverri (Bio)
Ages: Grades 4-6
Time: Wednesdays at 2:30 (60 minutes)
Dates: March 16-April 20 (5 classes, Off week: Spring Break – April 6)
Click on payment link above or Venmo firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This course is Private Pay only; Charter Funds cannot be used for this class.
This course will teach students the fundamentals of figure and face drawing, posing, and characterization. Instruction will begin with teaching students the basics of drawing the human form, and end with students drawing, naming, and writing a bio for an original character of their creation. Optional homework will be assigned each week of the course, where students are tasked with combining techniques from class with their own personal art style. All art styles are welcome in this course, and creativity is heavily encouraged.
- How to use simple shapes and lines to map out anatomy
- Character posing
- Using color and shape composition to synthesize moods with visual aspects of characters
- Designing visually appealing and interesting outfits, accessories, and hairstyles
- Creating character backgrounds and personalities
- Creating a unique original character
- Pencil sharpener
- Thin liner pens (thin point sharpie, micron pens, etc.)
- Drawing paper (multimedia paper is ideal, but printer paper will do)
- Coloring materials (Whatever the student feels most comfortable coloring with, it can be markers, watercolor, colored pencils, crayons, etc.)
- Cup of water, paper towels, paint brushes, watercolor paper (if student is using a painting medium)
- Device with access to internet (to attend classes and look up reference photos)
Platforms: Live online course, using Zoom and Google Classroom (Google Login Email or Gmail required)
- The applicable cancellation and refund policies can be found at the top of this page.