Creating Fantastical Animals Using Simple Techniques and Shapes
Instructor: Camille Echeverri (Bio)
Ages: Grades 4-6
Time: Wednesdays at 2:30 (60 minutes)
Dates: February 2 – March 2 (5 classes)
Click on payment link above or Venmo email@example.com.
- This course is Private Pay only; Charter Funds cannot be used for this class.
This course will teach students how to draw both real-life and fictional creatures using simple, easy-to-understand techniques. The course will start with the basics of figure drawing and posing, and end with students creating and naming their very own mythical creature. Optional homework will be assigned each week, giving students more opportunities to exercise the skills they learn in class. While the techniques are demonstrated in a realistic style, students are heavily encouraged to get creative and apply their own personal style to the homework and final project.
- How to use simple shapes and lines to map out anatomy
- Character Posing
- Adding fantastical elements to regular animals
- The basics of composition and creating a meaningful and visually interesting character
- Creating lore and making a background for an original character
- Designing and naming a mythical creature, as well as creating an environment for this creature to live in.
- Pencil sharpener
- Thin liner pens (thin point Sharpie, micron pens, etc.)
- Drawing paper (multimedia paper is ideal, but printer paper will do)
- Coloring materials (Whatever the student feels most comfortable coloring with, it can be markers, watercolor, colored pencils, crayons, etc.)
- Cup of water, paper towels, paint brushes, watercolor paper (if student is using a painting medium)
- Device with access to internet (to attend classes and look up reference photos)
Platforms: Live online course, using Zoom and Google Classroom (Google Login Email or Gmail required)
- The applicable cancellation and refund policies can be found at the top of this page.