[Ms. Christine] interweaves science and history with living books and hands on activities. She is warm, patient and enthusiastic. Not only is this a high quality curriculum, [she] knows just how to motivate my 9 year old son to happily write paragraphs!-Charis (mom of 9 year old boy)
NEW! Fall 2020
Semester Tuition: $180 private pay, $230 with charter funds (Home School Coaches)
Ages: Grades 3-6
Date/Time: Tuesdays 2 PM
Fall Semester: September 8, 2020 – January 19, 2021
Spring Semester: January 26 – May 18, 2021
Join Christine for a fun, complete year of learning California history. Families with multiple students: Knock out California history in one year! Siblings in 2nd-7th grade are welcome to enroll if at least one other sibling falls within the 3-6th grade range.
What will we cover?
- Both Semesters: Audubon Field Guide to California
- First Semester (Sept.-Jan.): Island of the Blue Dolphins, Valley of the Moon: Diary of Maria Rosalia de Milagros by Sherry Garland, & By the Great Horn Spoon! by Sid Fleischman
- Second Semester (Jan.-May): By the Great Horn Spoon!, Earth Dragon Awakes by Laurence Yep, & Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
- All books are available for purchase using charter school funds. See this link for more information.
How will students learn the material?
Using a mix of an online meeting platform (such as Zoom/Google Meets) and Google Classroom, we will utilize the following modes of learning:
- In-class discussions
- Hands-on Project Videos: Use common materials in the home to explore and interact with the material.
- Games! For reading comprehension and learning other fun facts.
- Optional Extra-Credit Written Work: students can earn prizes when they complete assignments!
- Handouts with short stories and Student Folder sheets (from California Out of the Box)
- Optional graded course option for students in grade 6 and above.
- Video links to deepen learning.
The main requirement for this class is to read these fun books! The work and discussions during class will rely on the reading.
- Complete the Registration Form.
- PRIVATE PAY: Once enrollment form is received, you may either visit our secure Square site or Venmo (@Christine-Echeverri) to pay tuition — or we will send you a Square invoice, depending on choice indicated on registration form. (Note: visiting Square will take you away from our site. Click on link at the bottom of Square site to return to this page.) Payment in full must be remitted to hold enrollment spot.
- CHARTER FUNDS: Please remit $25 deposit per student via Square or Venmo (@Christine-Echeverri) to hold your spot. When requesting Purchase Order, select Home School Coaches as the service vendor. Deposit will be fully-refunded when Purchase Order for $230 arrives. A deposit must be remitted to hold enrollment opening.
- Once the class is full, a wait list will be started.
- Supply & Platform Requirements: books listed above, access to online live class meeting platform (details TBD), Google login with access to Google Meets/Classroom. (Extra Credit Point System requires each enrolled student have a unique Google login.)
- Questions? Email email@example.com.